I kicked off

I kicked off the weekend by jogging 4 miles or so, followed by a healthy dose of weight lifting. Just as I finished up, Mullens called with a brilliant idea to get hot wings. Being my night off my diet and all, I couldn't refuse.

We went to Gorman's and grabbed some wings, then to Jimmy's for a couple of beers. I drank more than I probably should have and by the time I met Polk, The Brandon, Kristi, Jess, and Atomic at Katie McButts, I was already pretty ready to go. If you know what I mean.

So at dinner I was silly drunk around a bunch of sober people, and I'm sure I annoyed and disturbed some of them. Hopefully I made the others laugh a bit though, since I was having a grand 'ole time. Anyway, after that I went to Alan's house and had a few big glasses of water to hopefully undo some of the damage I had done earlier in the day. Just as the water started to sober me up, Brian Kelly dropped by Alan's house and we went out for a few more beers.

So in the end, I stayed up longer than I wanted to, drank more than I should have, and did some reversable, but annoying, damage to my diet, but I had a fantastic night.

Saturday I woke up asscrack early since my parents were coming to help me do some yard work. That's exactly the type of morning I like to have after a night of boozin' and stayin' up late. A few hours with a chainsaw and rake, and my yard looks a lot better. That afternoon, Polk came and picked me up and we made the trek to Pekin for some Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy goodness, which was a fun little quirky movie. Very enjoyable.

That day was also my mom's birthday, so I had to go out and buy her a present, then head out to their house for a dinner and such. I went home early and fell asleep on my couch somewhere around 8:30.

Sunday I woke up bright and early again to run 4 miles with a bunch of people who intend on running the Steamboat Days race. I finished at around 37 minutes again. Not too shabby.

I had a bit more yard work, which was as miserable as it was the day before on account of the weather being ridiculously cold and windy. I didn't do anything of any consequence for the rest of the day, but I did hang out with Alan and bit when we both got bored. And that was my weekend.