Last night was
Last night was New Year's Eve, which was fun. I went to a party at Brian's house with Steph and some Notre Damers. It was a good time and allowed for catching up with people I don't get to see often.
Since everyone else is putting their resolutions in list form, I will copy them and do the exact same thing. My resolutions:
- Take even less stock in people's opinions of me. Realize that who I am is not affected by how people feel about me, or what they say about me.
- Go back to the time when I liked myself better as a person.
- Buy a house.
- Finish a movie script.
- Paint more, spend less time on the computer.
- Tear down some walls between me and the people I care for.
- Call people for no reason more often.
- Make more friends to make up for the lost ones this year has presented me with.
That's about it. Much sadder resolutions than last year's, I guess.
I'd like to end this post with a story. I was at Chili's, pulling out of my parking place. I had reversed out and was shifting into 1st gear when a truck backed into me pulling out of his place. I got out to check the damage only to see none. The guy came out, apologizing and telling me that there was no damage and he had only hit my spare tire. I checked the tire and saw that it had been hit, but there was no other damage so I wasn't going to worry about it. Fast forward a few hours when I need to open my trunk to put something inside, and the door doesn't open. At first I assumed it was frozen shut, but upon closer inspection I saw that the spare tire being hit caused a lot of damage to my back door, which means it won't open anymore. I was a bit pissed off. You can't see the damage, but I'd like to be able to open my trunk. There's no real way to track him down though, so I guess I'm just going to have to live with it. God damn it.