The Wasson apartment is back online, AKA rarin' to go.

Yesterday was the "Production Outing", where all the people classified as "production people" are sent off on a field trip of sorts as a little reward. It was held at Bradley Park, just a couple of blocks from my apartment. It was odd, since before the trip some people came along, asking me what kind of beer I wanted. I had no idea alcohol would be involved.

So we get to the park but don't have any food yet, and as we're waiting we crack into the beer. It was odd seeing people I've worked with for a year in a social situation for the first time ever. Some of them got a bit tipsy, slurring their speech and saying things that I wouldn't expect them to say. It was a good time.

Then it was time for the softball game. The teams had been decided beforehand, and as he told us what team we were on, it seemed like it would be a fair game until we actually divided up and saw that a majority of our team didn't show up to the outing. So, it was like 7 against 10. This put us at an immediate disadvantage.

Amazingly enough, I was one of the best players. I couldn't catch for a darn, but I can hit like a mother and run pretty fast. So I scored a few homers and did better than I expected. Members of our team were dropping like flies as some of them had to leave early and such. By the end, it was really just a joke. The final score was 38 to 7 if memory serves.

We were expected to stay until 5, but most of us went home right after the game. I did some work to my computer and got the dual monitor thing working (which is just awesome, by the way), but no luck on the network or sound card. I called Brian to hopefully finish the job.

I took him out to dinner first to thank him for all the help he's been giving me when I'm stumped. Then we picked up Fabish who wanted to go to Best Buy and get a new computer, and I had to buy a new WIN2K compatible network card. We threw it in and got it working, and Brian got the network working while I put a DVD player in Fabish's new computer. So the apartment is networked, although only 2 of the 3 computers on the network can get online. I'm blaming this on software problems and the fact that I don't know how to set up the software. I've decided the best thing to do is ask Brian to do it for me.

We got me back online somewhere around 10:30 last night and I still had to take Brian home. I got home, read the emails that had been collecting in my onlineless days, and went to bed. I didn't sleep nearly as much as I wanted to.

I don't have big plans for the weekend. Tonight I'm eating at my parent's place for a birthday dinner thing for my sister, then I'm taking everyone out to see a movie. Tomorrow is Mullens' 21st birthday bash, but I've yet to decide whether or not I'm going to that. Maybe I'll go to the party but leave before everyone goes downtown.

← Home